High efficiency exhaust and treatment of light commercial kitchen exhaust using AOM Zurich Series high quality exhaust hood integrating state of the art plasma/activated carbon filtration
- Mitigate odour emissions from light commercial kitchen exhaust using state of the art compact plasma/activated carbon filters designed, manufactured and tested in Germany
- Comply to AS1668.2-2012 section C3.10.3 Concessions for horizontal discharge for light cooking types based on the AOM Performance Certification for this model hood
- Allow for high efficiency treatment of kitchen exhaust in recirculating residential hoods either using off-the-shelf exhaust hoods or custom stainless steel built
AOM Zurich Series range hoods have been designed specifically for light commercial kitchen exhaust cooking (AS1668.2 Type 2, 3 and 7 cooking processes). Certain of these exhaust systems which may require a cost effective form of high efficiency filtration.
AOM Zurich Series range hoods integrate plasma air filtration technology to achieve incomparable filtration efficiencies. Plasma is produced using high voltage with a very little current and has therefore a low energy consumption. Cold plasma breaks down odour gases (as well as smoke particles, viruses, bacteria) which get caught by the high tech activated carbon mosaic. This in turns leaves the activated carbon pores free and clean meaning that the filter works without maintenance.
The exhaust hoods can be fitted with an in-built exhaust exhaust fan. This allows for either re-circulation of the exhaust in the space or immediate discharge to the surroundings. Applications can include:
- Cooking exhaust hoods for childcare centers, schools, pavilions which have low airflow and light cooking processes. The exhaust can be discharged horizontally close to the hood. This limits the need for long duct runs that in turn require periodic maintenance, achieving significant cost savings to projects.
- Cooking appliances that fall into light cooking processes such as donuts or popcorn machines, combination ovens or small fryers. A dedicated hood can allow for high efficiency filtration of this equipment meaning that the exhaust air can be discharged into the space. This is ideal for small tenancies in department stores that do not have access to an exhaust system.
- Mobile cooking stations that can be accompanied with a table exhaust system allowing of the treatment of the exhaust air.
See the the plasma / activated filter in action during testing in our warehouse!
Key advantages of plasma filtration:
- High efficiency odour mitigation and air filtration allowing for recirculating hoods
- No maintenance and long duration: no consumables to be changed during its entire lifetime
- Low energy consumption
- Low resistance filter which can be fitted and retrofitted into existing exhaust hoods or supplied in custom-made/off-the-shelf Zurich range hoods.